News in Brief: Minneapolis City Makes the Perfect Shirt, Jackson Yueill Impresses, and More
Minneapolis City SC reacts to U.S. Open Cup ban with perfect shirt
If you don’t know the whole story, be sure to read Kyle Eliason’s reporting from Monday about why Minneapolis City was kicked out of the 2017 U.S. Open Cup tournament.
Jackson Yueill impressing in San Jose preseason action
Yueill is proving his worth to San Jose and provided an excellent assist in the Quakes’ scrimmage on Tuesday. Take a peek:
- Bashkim Kadrii has officially completed his loan to Minnesota United FC. From coach Adrian Heath: “Bashkim is another really good attacking piece we have added to the club. He’s fit and healthy and ready for a new challenge.”
- Andy Greder has a great profile of two Loons making the jump from the NASL to MLS, Kevin Venegas and Justin Davis.
- Team owners in Illinois are looking to the state government to change workers’ compensation laws in their state for professional athletes. Currently workers’ compensation runs through 65 years of age, while the proposed law would have it end at 35 for athletes.
- If you like flowcharts and MLS player acquisition rules, here’s something combining those two things.
- Duluth FC made an appearance on a recent episode of the Flakoglost podcast.
- Former Loon Aaron Pitchkolan will be joining Jack Blake and J.C. Banks in Jacksonville for the 2017 season.
- Interested in why bad boy Steven Lenhart is playing in Japan? American Soccer Now has the scoop!
Today in awesome
Minneapolis City supporters group the Citizens are making one of the best looking scarves I’ve seen.
FiftyFive.One is now on Patreon. Do you like the independent coverage of soccer news from Minnesota and beyond that FiftyFive.One offers? Please consider becoming a patron.
Tags: Aaron Pitchkolan, Bashkim Kadrii, jackson yueill, Justin Davis, Kevin Venegas, Minneapolis Citizens, Minneapolis City SC, MLS, Steven Lenhart